Monday, December 5, 2016

Now I’m Weaker Than The Palest Blue. Oh, So Weak In This Need For You...

Happy snow day!

It's been snowing overnight here in Vancouver. Lucky for me, I don't have to go far to get to work now and also, my father insisted that I get my car winterized even though I assured him that it never snows in Vancouver, good thing he didn't listen. Unfortunately Ben had to go Downtown to work early this morning, I only thank god for his Land Rover which is practically a tank. I hate to say it, because I love my city but Vancouverites tend to get a little freaky when it snows and I always worry when I have to drive over bridges with them. I don't think I've ever been happier about my new shorter commute. I hope anyone who's reading in the lower mainland is being safe.
Yesterday, I went to see 'Richard III' at the movie theatre. It was a filmed production of the Almeida Theatre in London. Ralph Fiennes played the title role and was very good in it. However my friend and I left half way through. It's not that it wasn't a good production of it because it was really good, I just... I'm a Yorkist. When I read/watch Richard III, I find myself getting really angry about how obvious it is. When you consider that Shakespeare wrote for the court of Elizabeth I, you realize that there was a lot of Tudor propaganda going on. They turn Richard into this evil, disgusting little monster and Henry Tudor into a golden prince that does no wrong and everybody loves. It's really awful. When intermission came Lily (My friend with whom I went to see the play) said that she could feel my outrage just sitting next to me. We ended up leaving at intermission and went out for tea and macarons instead. I know that I sound like a bit of a snob but I just don't think it's fair that because of this play, whenever someone mentions Richard III, the first thing that comes to people's minds is Shakespeare's evil monster. He was a good man by all other accounts. We need to remember the man who was beloved by the north and widely known as one of the greatest and most loyal battle commanders in history. Long live the White Boar!
Sorry, I geek-ed out there for a minute. I'm back now.
On a higher note, I'm almost done my Christmas shopping already. I started super early this year. Normally, I'm still shopping until Christmas Eve but this year, I got a real head start. I'm super jazzed about it. I had it all shipped to my parents' house (aside from my mother's gifts of course) so it'll all be ready for wrapping when I get there in a couple weeks. I can't wait! I miss them all so much, especially having missed Thanksgiving. I do feel a little guilty that I'll be missing my nephew baby Jack's first Christmas but I feel confident that we've spoiled him enough to make up for it. Look out for my posts showing what I got everyone. I plan on posting my first one either tonight or tomorrow. How your Christmas shopping going? Are you a procrastinator like I usually am? Or do you like to have it done early so you can relax and enjoy the festivities?
-Bea

What I'm Listening To:
Nick Drake
Pink Moon
'Place To Be'










December 1st 2016
Top: Orla Kiely / Skirt: Orla Kiely / Cardigan: Orla Kiely / Shoes: Gucci / Bag: Orla Kiely / Hat: Gucci / Glasses: Karen Walker / Earrings: Satomi Kawakita / Brooch: Vintage / Engagement Ring: Vintage / Wedding Ring: Catbird / Nail Polish: Ciate in Paparazzi / Lipstick: Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

December 2nd 2016
Dress: Orla Kiely / Cardigan: Orla Kiely / Shoes: Gucci / Bag: Orla Kiely / Hat: Gucci / Glasses: Karen Walker / Earrings: Satomi Kawakita / Brooch: Vintage / Engagement Ring: Vintage / Wedding Ring: Catbird / Nail Polish: Ciate in Carousel / Lipstick: Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

December 3rd 2016
Sweater: Orla Kiely / Jeans: J. Crew / Coat: Orla Kiely / Shoes: Gucci / Bag: Mulberry / Hat: Gucci / Glasses: Karen Walker / Earrings: Satomi Kawakita / Brooch: Vintage / Engagement Ring: Vintage / Wedding Ring: Catbird / Nail Polish: Ciate in Carousel / Lipstick: Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

December 4th 2016
Top: Orla Kiely / Jeans: J. Crew / Coat: Orla Kiely / Shoes: Gucci / Bag: Orla Kiely / Hat: Orla Kiely / Glasses: Karen Walker / Earrings: Satomi Kawakita / Brooch: Vintage / Engagement Ring: Vintage / Wedding Ring: Catbird / Nail Polish: Ciate in Carousel / Lipstick: Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

December 5th 2016
Dress: Orla Kiely / Coat: Saint Laurent / Tights: Falke (not shown) / Shoes: Marc Jacobs / Bag: Orla Kiely / Hat: Orla Kiely / Glasses: Karen Walker / Earrings: Satomi Kawakita / Brooch: Vintage / Engagement Ring: Vintage / Wedding Ring: Catbird / Nail Polish: Smith & Cult in Bridge & Tunnel / Lipstick: Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey


No comments:

Post a Comment